Activities in Welfare
“Concern and respect towards senior members of society”
‘Service to man is service to God’
The Foundation’s efforts in this realm are all encompassing, and phenomenal for an independent initiative of this nature. It has adopted the agricultural village of Yeroor, where Mr. Muraleedharan was born and brought up, as part of a social welfare project. Under this project, several activities benefitting a wide cross section of people are carried out on a regular basis. These include:
- Monthly pension to hapless senior citizens
- Monthly ration of rice to families Below Poverty Line.
- Assistance to the homeless for building houses, and also for home maintenance.
- Gifting of clothes as ‘Onakkodi’ to financially backward families during Onam.
- Scholarships for meritorious but impoverished students.
- Financial assistance to needy patients for special medical care.
- Special gratuitous fund to meet the marriage expenses of girls from financially deprived families